Friday 27 February 2015

Fancy Pants in Abu Dhabi

Ok so these aren't that fancy, but they are finished, and I am in Abu Dhabi! 




I made these using the Craftsy class  Pant Fitting Techniques with Sandra Betzina which come with vogue pattern 2948.
I have written a full review of this pattern for the Curvy Sewing Collective which is up on their site now. In brief, this pattern is great for apple shaped figures with princess seam details which with added top stitching can really lengthen the legs and are useful for a flat seat adjustment. They are also useful for a simple flat seat adjustment.
The class has lots of useful information except for on measuring the crotch, you are directed to measure a pair of well fitting trousers that you already own, a problem for many people who struggle to buy well fitting trousers. She offers no alternative method and only demonstrates minimal crotch adjustments which is a shame because the rest of the class is very good.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just left a comment about your review over on Curvy Collective. Thanks again! I thought I'd pop over and check out your new blog. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing more of your sewing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie! I'm really glad my review was helpful. Craftsy definitely don't do themselves any favours editing their reviews.

    ReplyDelete