Tuesday 18 April 2017

Final Print Designs

Having decided I wanted to use a double bass as the foundation of my print, as it is the foundation of the music, I drew my bass from different angles as I am interested in looking at it from different perspectives to represent different sections of the piece. I then photocopied and collaged these drawings with some photos of basses



To be able to develop these more I traced off the outlines so I had a bit more space to draw and experiment.

I was really pleased with this layout. I feel I can still vary this and create a varied edition of prints and I've got enough space in the middle for my motifs and mono prints. I will  use the same block turned upside down for both sides of the bass and cut a different block for the centre.

1 comment:

  1. What motivated you to incorporate photocopies and collages of your bass drawings into your final print designs? Greeting : Telkom University

    ReplyDelete